Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13

The pictures are not much to look at yet.

Most everything is up now except the stuff I planted last week. Some of the cucumbers are up.

I spent most of this last weekend planting the house garden. This is the one with the hoop house. I planted more of the same tomatoes and chili peppers that I have at the big garden. These will be in the hoop house when fall arrives.

Today I planted the following in the hoop house. We will try to winter over most of this and will replant sometime in the early fall / late summer.

Row #1:
Mustard- spinach (Tendergreen)
Mustard (Southern Giant Curled)
Bunching Onions (White Lisbon)

Row #2:
Corn Salad winter lettuce (Mache)
Lettuce (Garnet Oakleaf)
Lettuce leaf (Salad Bowl)
Lettuce (Simpson's Curled)
Lettuce (Black Seeded Simpson)
Lettuce leaf (Gran Rapids)

Row #3:
Beet (Detroit Dark Red)
Spinach (Bloomsdale)

I also planted some more zucchini next to the fence in the house garden. These will be for the goats and are right next to their fence. 10 hills of green and 5 hills of golden.