Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 22

We were able to get the potatoes planted on Monday May 16th. This year we have 50 lbs of Pontiac's and 50 lbs of Yukon Gold seed potatoes in the ground. The Yukon Golds seem to store better then any of the other varieties that we have tried. We ended up with 12 rows total. The rows are 75 feet long. I decided to try something different and planted the rows end to end. This made it easier to make the furrows with the tiller and hopefully easier to harvest when the time comes.


I was able to get some Little Marvel peas in the ground on Tuesday before it started to rain. the ground was still too wet to plant yesterday the 21st and rain is in the forecast for the next three days so it may be 6 days or more before I can get any more planting done.