The pumpkins are taking off, but the melons have taken their time sprouting. Not sure if we will get any watermelons this year.
The second planting of corn is all up and doing well. I over planted due to the fact that the seeds were 2008. All of the seeds seem to have come up so I will need to thin them out. I let them grow to about 18" and then pull them up to feed to the goats instead of cutting them down when they are small.
We have been picking peas. Most of them get eaten in the garden by the children. My 7 year old will spend an hour going along eating peas. I planted them for that reason and the vines will end up feeding the goats. Peas are just to time consuming to freeze. I will plant some more in a week or two.
The potatoes are covered with blossoms. I dug up a hill today but the new potatoes are only about a 1/2" at this time.
The pole beans are starting up the trellis. They are a lot more labor intensive. We will see if they out produce the bush beans. Both are Blue Lake.













